Location: You will be office based in Maynooth but most sites you will visit will be in Dublin City Centre.
Role Description and Skills:
The SHESQ Officer will manage and coordinate HSE activities, queries, and administration within the department in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will develop HSE systems and site audits.
The candidate should have strong administration experience, be able to prioritise a varied workload and adhere to deadlines. They will have the ability to gather and interpret data, communicate effectively, and create good working relationships with team members and Sheahan and Collins Construction Ltd clients.
This position requires at least 3-5 years site administration experience, preferably within a Health, Safety & Environmental role in construction.
The role will involve:
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all Company Policies and Health & Safety Procedures.
- Maintain and make approved changes to the records and documents on S&C Management System.
- Audit and review of systems and sites.
- Ensure the accidents and incidents database is kept up to date, any incidents logged appropriately, and reports prepared.
- Carry out Induction process for all site entrants.
- Act as Safety Representative for S & C ltd.
- The SHESQ Officer will be responsible for staff training and maintaining the training register.
- Actively promote the Company’s high standards of service.
- Adhere to all S & C quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices.
- Develop the SHESQ Systems within the company and continuous improvement of our Safe T Cert accreditation status.
- Producing monthly statistics.
- Develop a Champion Culture Development Programme (behaviour-based safety programme)
- Carry out and document site audits and inspections
- Keeping up to date with changes in safety, health and environmental legislation and construction industry guidance.
- Investigating, logging and monitoring of Incidents and Non-conformances. Proper reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses in an accurate and timely fashion and assist with investigations in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Completing all necessary report forms.
- Identifying significant safety impacts for work areas and helping set-up of appropriate
- Controls. Ensure the production of all RAMS whether they be S&C or subcontractor specialist RAMS.
- Prepare and present toolbox talks as and when required.
- Prepare and present at monthly safety meetings.
- Review subcontractor documentation.
- Provide support and advice to colleagues, subcontractor personnel and other third parties.
- Conduct site safety inspections, audits and risk assessments as required and ensure that management put appropriate action plans in place.
- Conduct regular reviews on corrective actions arising from incidents, inspections and audits.
- To ensure HSE policies and procedures are fully implemented and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Assist with the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that HSE lessons learnt and other initiatives are properly communicated.
- Provide a proactive approach to problem solving and to the various aspects of day-to-day health, safety and environmental management.
- Health & Safety or Engineering qualification.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years site administration experience.
- Previous experience in completing site audits desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- Organised and able to meet tight deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail to identify inconsistencies in documents.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience on civil engineering/construction sites
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with one or more teams,
- Good written and spoken communication abilities,
- A flexible and proactive approach,
- Demonstrate leadership skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a SHESQ Officer to develop a career in an expanding business within the Construction sector.