Due to continued expansion Sheahan & Collins Construction Ltd require a Site Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a positive, professional attitude and have the flexibility to adapt quickly during periods of rapid change. Our head office is based in Maynooth, Co. Kildare. You will be provided with a car/van to travel between sites and your salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Site Manager performs a key role in managing the day to day activity on site. This is a vital cog in any project and involves having many plates spinning at once while managing the daily activities of a busy site.
Salary – € 55k-65k DOE plus car van, mobile phone and laptop. Alternatively a Contract rate if desired can be negotiated.
- Manage the project from day 1 on site through to completion and handover,
- Help with the overall project planning,
- Manage day to day activities including ensuring adequate man power is available on site where necessary,
- Overall management of sub contractors on site including assisting with the procurement of sub contractors for varying elements of the project,
- Ensure all necessary resources are available on site when the need arises,
- Ensure all necessary regulations are applied to including H&S, building regs and fire regulations,
- Keeping a close eye on quality, ensuring all sub contractors are fully compliant with all quality metrics,
- Liaising with architects, clients and all relevant stake holders regards project status, and
- Attending and reporting at site meetings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A third level qualification to degree level in a relevant field (Construction Management, Engineering/ Project Management) OR
Trade Qualification /Proven Relevant Experience in the building industry.
- Full clean drivers license,
- Minimum 5 year experience in site management, ideally with a main contractor,
- They will have strong IT skills and be comfortable working on the Microsoft Office packages,
- They will have excellent communication and presentation skills,
- They will possess strong problem solving and decision making skills,
- They will be able to build strong and lasting partnerships with clients, colleagues and sub contractors alike,
- They will be comfortable dealing with clients and relevant stake holders in a prompt and professional manner, and
- They should enjoy working in a team orientated collaborative environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading construction company based in Kildare. If you are a confident and committed Site Manager who works well under pressure, we would like to hear from you. If you are interested in this role please apply today or contact us on the details provided below for more information.