Sheahan & Collins Construction is seeking a Site Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a positive, professional attitude and have the flexibility to adapt quickly during periods of rapid change. Our head office is based in Maynooth, Co Kildare but the project will be in the Killarney town centre.
The chosen candidate will manage the on site day to day running of the project and ensure that all work is carried out to the highest possible standard while ensuring all health and safety measures are met. The Site Manager will report to the Construction Director to ensure projects come in on time and on budget..
- Track and manage on site workers and subcontractors
- Coordinate site logistics of material in and out
- Ensure all site staff are complying with Safety requirements
- Ensure all works on site are delivered to the highest possible quality and standard.
- Coordinate with the specialist contractors and building management on all issues
- pertaining to the drawings, plans, schedules, and problems for quick resolution of all issues.
- Conduct quality checks on works carried out to ensure that the products meet all client specifications.
- Coordinate with the third party agencies during spot checks on the site.
- Ensure adherence to Quality, Health and Safety regulations on all assigned sites.
- Ensure successful delivery of the project/projects as per the agreed quality on time and within the allocated budget.
- Implementation of daily and weekly programmes together with the issue of programme detail to subcontractors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A third level qualification to degree level in a relevant field (Construction Management, Engineering/ Project Management)
- Trade Qualification /Proven Relevant Experience in the building industry
- Full clean drivers license
- Minimum 5 years experience in Site management, ideally with a Main contractor.
- They will have strong IT skills .
- They will have excellent communication and presentation skills
- They will possess strong problem solving and decision making skills
- They will be able to build strong and lasting partnerships with clients, colleagues and sub contractors alike.
- They will be comfortable dealing with clients and relevant stake holders in a prompt and professional manner
- They should enjoy working in a team orientated collaborative environment
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading construction company based in Kildare. If you are a confident and committed Site Manager who works well under pressure, we would like to hear from you. If you are interested in this role please apply today or contact us on the details provided for more information.