Due to continued expansion and increased workload Sheahan & Collins Construction Ltd seek Site Managers to join our team on residential, commercial and fit-out for projects in Dublin and the Regions. You will be on site in Cabinteely for the initial 20 months on a 37 unit Housing and Apartment Scheme. Our head office is in Maynooth, Co. Kildare. The ideal candidates will have a positive, professional attitude, be a team player and possess the ability to work on their own initiative where appropriate.
The chosen candidates will manage the on-site day to day operation of projects and ensure that all work is carried out and completed to the highest possible standard, to the agreed completion programme, whilst ensuring that all health and safety measures are complied with in full to ensure that all site staff enjoy a safe place of work.
The Site Manager will report to the Construction Director to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. Candidates are required to have knowledge of building and construction, excellent time management and leadership skills, business management skills, verbal communication skills, good initiative and logical thinking skills.
- Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
• Responsible to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, programme, health & safety and environmental standards, in full compliance with the planning permission and building regulations;
• Collaborate with the commercial team to ensure value creation, effective cost control and optimal project returns;
• Manage and own the relationships with project subcontractors and design teams to drive performance, ensuring efficient sequencing of the works and information issue;
• Develop and manage relationships with key project stakeholders including statutory authorities, project partners and local communities;
• Ensure coordination of service providers and local authorities.
• Ensure that the quality and presentation of the finished product is in line with quality management procedures and company expectations incorporating the coordinated effort of the team;
• Provide leadership and management to the project construction team to drive high performance, employee development and learning, ensuring also that the required resources are in place to support the construction team;
• Set standards of behaviour and responsibility for project teams and hold teams to account as you are accountable;
• Promoting positive engagement and culture within the broader project team providing a safe and enjoyable place of work;
• Implementation of best practice in project controls, performance management, and project reporting;
• Embracing innovation & technology.
• Assisting senior management in preparing accurate, transparent reporting and forecasting.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent; 10+ years post-qualification experience or an appropriate level of Trade Qualification /Proven Relevant Experience in the building industry;
• Proven experience in similar role, delivering comparable scale projects;
• Experience in residential construction (specifically apartment and/or house building), commercial (hotels) and Fit-out (offices);
• Excellent knowledge of trades as well as latest building regulation and certification standards;
• Strong commercial acumen, methodical with excellent attention to detail;
• An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets;
• Excellent track record of driving high performing teams;
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Experience at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team orientated collaborative environment;
• Willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks;
Capable of building strong and lasting partnerships with clients, colleagues and sub- contractors alike; Comfortable dealing with clients and relevant stake holders in a prompt and professional manner.