Project Manager for 36 apartments, Clonliffe Road ,Dublin .
Sheahan and Collins Construction Ltd are currently recruiting a Construction Project Manager to join their team. You will be tasked with building 36 apartments at Clonliffe Road/ Holycross Avenue. The bespoke development is for a well known developer Bartra.
In this role, you will plan, budget, and monitor a project from the initial phase right through to completion. You will discuss the project specifications with the client, and take charge of the team tasked with working on it. As Project Manager, you will report to the Construction Director. You will act as a bridge between client and staff, and ensure the project goes according to plan. If there are any issues, it is up to you to solve them or bring them to the attention of your employer’s executive team.
· Project Management, in compliance with company policies, procedures and Building Regulations.
· Co-ordinate construction of projects to meet programme, budget & specification.
· Co-ordinate Site Meetings with the Design Team & Subcontractors.
· Manage and direct site staff and all subcontractors.
· Monitor construction, with regard to quality of workmanship and materials.
· Co-ordinate and liaise with Construction Team to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information.
· Chairing & recording of meeting with sub-contractors, design teams and the like.
· Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations, health & safety regulations and good building practice.
· Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely manner.
· Ensure that the Design Team members supply all requested information on time.
· Production and revision of the contract and sub contract programmes.
· Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order.
· Good knowledge & understanding of the RIAI Standard Forms of Contract.
· Good knowledge & understanding of the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014.
· Good technical knowledge of building processes and details.
Education and Qualifications:
- Ideally degree qualified with a Minimum of 5 years +’ experience with Main Contractor in Ireland or elsewhere as a Project Manager on £10m+ projects. Your Degree should be Engineering/Construction Management or similar.
- We seek a motivated individual with excellent negotiation/communication skills.
- Good I.T. Skills, including Microsoft Office/Excel and Microsoft Project.
- The ability to make decisions under pressure and use your initiative; problem-solving skills in other words.
- Good leadership skills to motivate and direct your team.
- Excellent organisational skills to use your resources to ensure deadlines are met and the project budget is maintained.
Salary: Available upon application and dependent on experience.